Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm now a LEED Green Associate (!)

I have been studying for the LEED Green Associate Exam for a few weeks. I took it this past Saturday morning and passed! I'm really excited as this helps validate myself within the field and is a stepping stone that I've been looking to achieve. The exam itself lasts up to two hours, but took about half of that. The questions were a bit tricky, as all tests like this seem to be. If you're looking to take this exam, make sure you study from multiple sources, as the USGBC study guide left out some of the basic questions. The exam is administered by the GBCI (Green Building Certification Institute) for professionals who want to demonstrate green building expertise in non-technical fields of practice.

So now I can to use this logo with my name or on business cards. The LEED Green Associate credential denotes basic knowledge of green design, construction, and operations. After this, I'm now able to seek certification as a LEED AP+ specialty.

No comments:

Post a Comment