Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Outlook - A Year of Progress and Change

Resolutions.

Some people do them to highlight areas of their life that need improving, others try to get in shape or quit smoking. I prefer the approach that it's an annual re-evaluation of my goals and self-development. Putting it out there and expressing your goals holds you accountable and pushes you harder to achieve them.

2010 was a great year for growth, ticked all of the items off of my list - Here's a recap of everything that happened this past year.

However I still cruised and could have challenged myself more. I'm still at my desk, looking to take my career into my own hands. Looking forward, I feel that 2011 is going to be a great year. Here are my targets:
  • Get behind a thesis project. I'm still debating multiple topics. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Buy property. I'm looking at either an investment house for myself, or property to use to develop my thesis.
  • Take LEED AP+ Homes or LEED Green Rater exam.
  • More involvement in DVGBC.
  • Bring my Dad and brothers into the city for a Phillies game and urban development tour.
  • Give back to hometown of Renovo, be it through educational or investment avenue.
  • Hone my craftsmanship more by building bookcases, counters, and other items.
  • Weekly updates to this blog - a recommended reading list, ongoing projects, opinions, etc. 

It's not much for the time being, but I'd like to continue to add to this list. If you stumble across this, please share your goals for 2011. Here's to a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment