Monday, September 20, 2010

Electrical For Espresso Machine

Just a quick update. Last weekend I went over to The Pillar hoping to install an espresso machine. Unfortunately, it didn't come with instructions and this is a BIG problem - it's a very complicated and delicate machine. After doing a bit of research, I found out it's best to give it a dedicated breaker on a 10-2 line (20amp, 220v). I hard-wired the machine in and also gave it a shutoff switch that will be accessible behind the unit.

In addition, I added a few more service GFCI outlets on their own breaker along 12-2. Thinking into the future, they may want to do more accent or spotlighting on the service area and cafe so I hid some extra wire behind the panel. Always plan ahead...



Note that we can now paint and mount shelving on the backsplash and also add accent lighting. A professional recommended by the manufacturer is coming to finish the install, as I'm out of my league on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment