Sunday, March 29, 2009

MSSD Application Response...

This Saturday night on my way back from dinner with friends, I received notice on my early admissions application to Philadelphia University. Six weeks of running to read the mailbox everyday has come to an end in the form of a small envelope...I'm in! A letter stating my acceptance to the MSSD program starting this Fall and running for 27 months. Fist is pounding in the air, I'm screaming a little bit. I don't know if I've ever been so excited or felt so confident of being on the right track. This is really going to help position my career long-term with where my passion has been all along.

Now, I really need to start focusing because it is quickly becoming a reality. My math skills are below par and my only construction experience over the past few years has been side projects for friends and family. I know that I've got a bit of work cut out for me to get up to speed, but this is a challenge I'm fired up for. I don't just want to come into the program with an understanding of sustainable design and building practices, I want to be well-versed and current enough to make compelling and educated arguments that show my passions. This is going to be a fun ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment